Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

I couldn't resist when I saw this little outfit at Target the other day! Emery is definitely Daddy's little girl! She lights up any time he starts talking to her and especially loves his funny voices he makes. She's pretty lucky to have such a sweet daddy. I can't wait to see their relationship grow as she gets older.






Here's Emery in one of her little headbands her nurse, Allison, gave her.

The weather has been so nice here in Houston. We went for a little stroll around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. It was Emery's first walk...yes, I know she's 9 weeks old, but it was cold in Amarillo! She looked around for a little bit and then took a little nap. I think she enjoyed her first walk!


We have had such a good time hanging out with Dan and Lauren. They are amazing hosts and have made us feel so welcome. We played a really fun card game last night called Dutch Blitz. It's a mix between Speed and Solitare. We laughed our butts off last night playing it. If you know David, then you know he has a pretty bad case of ADD. Well, this is a fast paced game (like Speed) and you have to watch several different piles at a time to put your cards in. That probably doesn't make sense, but it was hilarious listening to David the whole game. There was too much going on for his brain to process. Needless to say, he did not win. In fact, I think his score was in the negatives the whole time! We are going to give it another try tonight and hopefully, he'll improve!

Well, we head back to the hospital tomorrow morning. We will see Dr. Thompson at the outpatient clinic where they will weigh Emery and do some lab work. They aren't sure if there will be a room available at the hospital or not. So, it may be Thursday before we'll be admitted. Emery has been eating pretty well the past few days - not for long periods of time but very frequently! It is a full time job feeding this little lady. Let's pray she's gained a significant amount of weight since we left the hospital! I do not want Dr. Thompson mad at us!

7 comments:

Betty said...

What a cutie! Love her in pink! You'll have to teach me that card game. Sounds like lots of fun! Good luck tomorrow!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the updates Bonnie!!! and thanks for sharing pictures of that angel...she is so stinkin cute. So glad you have enjoyed your time away-and way to go on the feedings. I am sure it's a challenge so congrats for keeping up and not stopping. That's awesome!!

Sarah Durham said...

I love you little Emery! What a beautiful smile!

Gigi said...

Such a cutie! Anxious to see y'all in the morning and hoping for a good day.

Kathi said...

Emery is absolutely beautiful! I'm keeping up with your mom's posts and was so glad to hear the second round went well. love lots!

Schromom said...

David and Bonnie...we are following your blog with added interest. Our 5th little grandchild was born the same day as Emery! So glad all is going well....we will keep you in our prayers.
Emery is precious and God loves her very much...actually loves you ALL very much...Suzanne

“More than anything else I could ever do, the gospel enables me to embrace my tribulations and thereby position myself to gain full benefit from them. For the gospel is the one great permanent circumstance in which I live and move; and every hardship in my life is allowed by God only because it serves His gospel purposes in me. When I view my circumstances in this light, I realize that the gospel is not just one piece of good news that fits into my life somewhere among all the bad. I realize instead that the gospel makes genuinely good news out of every other aspect of my life, including my severest trials. The good news about my trials is that God is forcing them to bow to His gospel purposes and do good unto me by improving my character and making me more conformed to the image of Christ.” -Milton Vincent

Melissa at Perry Jayne said...

She's beautiful. Praying for her. Just found your blog today.
I'm David's cousin (second or third - I can never remember how that works) . My mom and Roseanne are cousins.
with love and prayers,
Melissa