Friday, April 30, 2010

Short Visit in Dallas and Our Week at Home

After we talked to our surgeon and they scheduled surgery for April 21st, we got to go home for a little over a week. Emery and I stopped in Dallas to stay with my sister and her family and David drove down with his mom. We stayed a couple of nights in Dallas and then David and I drove our baby girl home for the first time in over three months. It was so good to go home even if it was just for a week! Emery was great in the car - slept for a few hours and then was happy to sit and play in her car seat. We were so thankful she didn't mind the long drive from Dallas to Amarillo!

Here is sweet Elle giving Emery kisses. It was hilarious trying to get a picture of these two. Elle was very patient while Emery was moving all over the place! We tried to get one of Elle holding Emery but none of them really came out.

Emery tasting Elle's baby doll!


Emery not really wanting to be held by Aunt Sarah! I thought her face was pretty priceless here!



Emery on her way home for the first time in over three months! Such a good traveler!


Emery's new obsession is playing with her feet. Here she is in her room grabbing her feet and growling! She's a funny girl!


Niki and Maddie came over to play! Emery and Maddie had so much fun playing on the floor together. There was lots of hand holding and staring going on. Niki and I just loved watching our girls together. They're sure to be bff's real soon!



Serious girls.



We had a little get together over at Niki's house for me and Emery. It was so good to see my girlfriends and their babies. We look forward to lots more play time this summer! In the pictures is Hilary and Channing, Jennifer and Saylor, Me and Emery, Niki and Madeline.



Lindsay missed the first picture, but here she is holding Emery and I have her little boy, Gray. Lindsay just had her second baby yesterday morning! We now have seven little girls in our group of friends and one more on the way! We can't wait for all of the slumber parties we are going to have with all these girls!

We had a birthday dinner for me and David over at Bo and Rosanne's while we were home. It was so good to see all of the family who by the way were all wearing Emery's Army t-shirts. I wish we would have gotten a picture of them all. Here's David's grandma Joan holding Emery. Emery had a good time seeing all of her Amarillo and Pampa relatives that she hadn't seen in so long. It was a wonderful night, but she was a little tired and grumpy by the end of it!


We were thrilled to have a week at home before heading back to Houston for surgery. It was so fun to be home with Emery and to get to enjoy her room and my own bed! The week flew by pretty quickly before we had to head back. Surgery was scheduled for April 21st but it got moved up to the 19th. We were happy with the date change because that just meant we'd get it over with sooner and I'd have a couple more days with her at home before I had to return to work. Surgery post coming soon!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Love your pictures! Great that you have friends with babies too!

Kristie said...

Bonnie, I'm so glad your girl is doing so great! I prayed for her quick recovery! You are my mom hero for the year! I'm so impressed with the amount of courage and grace you've shown. She is precious!