Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend...I know this is a tad bit late.

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of our weekend...sorry! I do have some videos that I will try to upload from my phone. I have to figure out how to do that first though...

Anyway, David and his buddies took their yearly "man trip" Mother's Day weekend instead of spending it with their mothers and wives! They had a great time canoeing and fishing while we were all taking care of our babies and doing our wifely duties like cleaning the house and doing all of the laundry. Just kidding - I went to Dallas instead of taking care of my disgusting house! :)

Rosanne and I drove to Dallas Friday afternoon to go visit Hannah and her two kids and Sarah, Miles, and their two kids. Emery played a little bit with Willow and Grady Friday night when we got in and then we headed to stay with Sarah and Miles. We had a quick but fun weekend at their house. Emery and Elle had so much fun playing together! I wish Emery got to see her cousins more often. We went to Target to get some things (a Target trip is always a necessity no matter where you are, right?) We almost lost Emery at Target because Sarah and I were trying to pick out a (very late) birthday present for Aidan and Emery decided to go back to the baby section to check out the latest styles. We were calling her name and of course we didn't hear a peep. Before either of us freaked out (literally, less than a minute) we found her. I think Sarah was close to freaking out but it was okay! Emery and I also went to Richardson to visit my good college friend Tracy who had just had her little girl that week. Emery and Tracy's two year old, Avery had a good time playing while Tracy and I got to catch up a little. I can't believe she's already on number two! It was so good to see her and her two little ladies. Sunday morning we all got up and packed a lunch to eat at the Dallas Arboretum. It was incredible. Everything was so green and colorful. We had a picnic lunch out in the grass where a lot of other families were doing the same. Emery didn't feel like eating (imagine that) and was way more interested in visiting everyone else's blanket! She was hard to keep up with! Then we let the Emery and Elle play in the water! There is a fountain that the kids could all run around in and get sprayed by the water. The girls absolutely loved it! I didn't know how Emery would react but she didn't seem bothered by getting sprayed at all. It made me super anxious though because there were a lot of kids running around and Emery was probably the smallest one. She did get tackled by Elle at one point, but got right back up and went for the water again! She loved it. The girls were soaked so we stripped them down and put them back in the strollers for the walk back to the car. We got a few strange looks but who cares?! We probably did look a little trashy but we'll never see them again!

Rosanne and I drove home and shortly after we arrived in Amarillo, the boys made it home too! That was a nice surprise because we weren't expecting them until late that night! Emery was so happy to see her daddy and so was I. Much to my surprise, David had shaved his beard into a mustache only. It was pretty awesome...wish I had a picture to show you. I guess he thought he needed a mustache for the river...

Well, that was our Mother's Day weekend! I will try to get the videos loaded...

2 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me. :) I'll bet you did turn some eyes with the naked babies in the strollers!

Megan said...

Bonnie, I just ran across your blog, Emery is just beautiful! I really hope we can introduce her and Maverick when they are older and understand how much they have in common. Thank you for all of your support over the past few months. God Bless You and Your Family! Megan