Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Blizzard, in Texas??


Jake and Josie leaping through the snow

David going out to get some pictures of the house

This is the rock wall that lines our driveway - the snow drift is as tall as it is!

The pups always get really frisky in the snow and then they want in after about 5 minutes!

This is outside our bedroom!

The back of the house - the snow just piled up outside our doors

We had to finish caulking everything Thursday after school to get ready for the storm...It's a good thing we did!


So, there's nothing like living in the Texas Panhandle...weather in the 60's and 70's all week and then they predict blizzard like conditions on Friday. Who would have thought we would get this much snow so late in the year. I thought we already had the last day of winter??!! This is what our house looks like right now. The snow isn't really that deep but the snow drifts are incredible. The wind was blowing like crazy all day yesterday and the snow didn't stop falling until sometime early this morning. So, I'm guessing our track meet is canceled...unless we're all going out there with snow shovels!

4 comments:

campers said...

all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Gigi said...

I think you have us beat on this one!!

b said...

Wesley FINALLY got Saturdays off. So his days off now are Th/F/S and mine are F/S. The next two weekends are crazy for us, but sometime after the middle of May would be good. I miss running with you. You and I need to get a run in and a cup of coffee and catch up. I can't wait to see what you've done with your house! :)

Kathi said...

Great pictures, Bonnie! I don't think I knew that you have a blog, too. Now, I'll be sure to check it more regularly! No snow in San Antone- thank goodness! It's beautiful today- nice breeze...the confederate jasmine is blooming out front, and the fragrance is wonderful.