Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mommy and Me Dance Class

This summer I decided to enroll Emery in a mommy and me dance class. My friend from work teaches the class and told me I should enroll Emery. The class is for 2-3 year olds so I didn't know how she would do since she was only 18 months when the class started. She did pretty well considering how busy she is! She had a lot of fun dancing to the music and stretching. I loved watching her stretch...little kids are so limber! Her favorite things we did in class were the itsy-bitsy spider, the choo-choo train, and running and leaping over mommy's legs. These photos are from our last class where the daddies were invited to watch.

Here are some of Emery stretching, doing knee bounces, and leaping (or stepping on) my legs.


In the left photo, we're supposed to be doing knee bounces and Emery decides to do jumps! She caught quite a bit of air! In the right photo we're doing toe rises, but Emery was doing her own thing...as usual!

The daddies were asked to do the last dance with the girls. Here's David swinging Emery in the air. Notice none of the other dads are doing this. Daddy likes to do his own thing as well...wonder where Emery gets it? At the end of each class, the girls always do a choo-choo train and Emery decided to lead it this time. I can't believe the teacher let her...it wasn't good! I love the one of them tooting their horns! Oh, and notice all of the little girls are wearing cute little ballet outfits...when I signed Emery up online, it said dress comfortably, ballet shoes not required. So, in the first few classes, all of the kids were dressed in regular clothes. By the end of the summer, they were all decked out - except for our child. Oh well!

At the end of the class, all of the girls were presented with certificates. Emery loved hers and crumpled it up pretty quickly. Then we took some pictures at the barre. The left picture is what she would have liked to have been doing the whole class, I'm afraid.

So proud of herself! We were proud of her too, especially since she was the youngest in the class. It was lots of fun and I look forward to doing it again.

2 comments:

Snuzi said...

Oh my gosh this is the cutest thing in the world! Both of yall are adorable!

Gigi said...

These are adorable and made me smile. She is definitely flexible! And the one hanging on the barre cracks me up.