Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend with Friends

A couple of weekends ago, we took a little road trip to Santa Fe with two other couples. The girls took one car and the boys were in another. It was really nice to have some girl time. We talked about our kids - we all have girls close in age. We talked, we cried, and of course did lots of laughing. I'm sure the guys were pretty happy they were in their own vehicle.

We rented a great house close to the square. We did some shopping and lots of eating. I forgot how great it is to eat out! We don't do it much because our daughter is awesome in restaurants. Here are a few photos of our weekend.

Here we are with Blake and Jennifer and Matt and Niki.

The boys.
Us girls.
David and I - we never have pictures of ourselves these days!

Well, this was our first time to go away on a little trip without Emery. I never would have agreed to it during the school year when I feel like I don't see her enough, but after having her to myself all summer, I was okay with it. Actually, it was really nice! We had a great time with great friends! I look forward to doing it again!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Sounds like fun and I am glad you got away with your friends!

Betty said...

I miss my blogging. Will just have to get that tech over here to see what's wrong. (It won't publsh, puts everything into drafts)

Love all of your pictures! It gives me an inside look at your lives there.