Saturday, March 27, 2010

4 months old!


Emery turned 4 months old on March 23rd! She is becoming such a big girl! She is rolling over now and is very, very busy. I definitely have my hands full these days trying to keep her entertained during the day!

Here are some pictures that David took this weekend. We have so much fun playing with her in the mornings. She is always so happy in the morning and loves to smile at us.







Here are somethings that Emery is doing now:

Rolling - Emery will roll onto her tummy now and will play for a few minutes before getting tired of it. She hasn't quite figured out that she can lay her head down and relax on her tummy! She still needs some help getting back onto her back sometimes. She is starting to really work those legs and looks like she'll be scooting along pretty soon!

Talking - Emery has started making so many fun noises. We love to hear her cooing and are still anxiously waiting for her to give us her first little giggle. She will get really excited and smile as big as possible but still no laugh!

Occupational therapy - Emery's therapists are so pleased with her head control, rolling, and overall strength. She has done really well for her therapists and surprisingly stays happy for the most part during her appointments. We are looking forward to seeing more improvement in her left hand and arm and know it's getting stronger every day.

Riding in the car - Emery still is a good traveler. I have to drive to Houston from Katy for all of our appointments and she has been doing so well. She will play with her toys and then fall asleep. I am so thankful for that!

Baths - Emery is finally okay with her sponge baths. I am so ready for her central line to be out so that we can give her real baths. I even gave her a bath at the hospital the other night by myself! Usually my mom or David have to keep her warm with the blow dryer the whole time!

Sitting and Standing - Emery wants to be upright all the time now. She wants to be sitting in your lap or standing in your lap at all times! This can get very tiring but her smile makes it all worth it! She is just too cute!

That's all I can think of for now! I can't believe another month has gone by. Hopefully we'll spend her 5 month birthday back in Amarillo!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I hope yall get to spend her 5 month b-day at home. I know you are so ready. However, I can not get over the fact that she is already 4 months old! That is craziness.. love the pictures and one again thanks for the update.
We check almost everyday, wondering how you guys are doing.

Suzassippi said...

Emery is so cute--cannot believe how much she has grown. Happy 4 months, EJ!

Gigi said...

She has grown and changed so much since I arrived in Houston! Getting to be a big girl. Love her happy personality and big smiles. Hoping you will be home soon. xoxoxo

Kathi said...

Emery gets more beautiful by the day and to see her face light up with that great smile is wonderful. I, too, hope you are home by 5 months!

Betty said...

Love her beautiful hats! She looks so cute! Such a sweet smile. Kisses for her from her g-granny!

john david said...

hope to see all 3 of your family in Amarillo soon. call if I can help. You are in my prayers!